Tuesday, August 19, 2008

High School ! ? ! ?

My little man is starting high school tomorrow. Tyler was supposed to start today, but Tropical Storm Fay canceled the first day of school. We are very lucky that Fay passed south of us, although she is threatening another visit inland. I cannot believe Tyler is a high schooler. I still have so many vivid memories of my high school days, how could they be so long ago? Does any high school student truly appreciate these 4 years or do we all reflect on how we took for granted this time in our lives? Homecoming, football games, prom, baseball games, sadie hawkins dance (do they even still have those or am I showing my age???), exams, SAT's, class rings, service clubs, "sign my yearbook"... To still be an innocent child, yet taking the first steps on the pathway to adulthood.
Tyler, my little man, I wish you all the best on this endeavor. You make me SO proud every minute of every day. Truly enjoy the next 4 years!!!

1 comment:

Terri said...

I can't believe our grandkiddo is in high school. Like you, Dad & I are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO proud of him & want these days to be the best yet!!

XO
Mom